10 things on my dog bucket list
If you and your dog have a special bond and are looking for fun things to accomplish together, create a bucket list! View 10 bucket list ideas from FIGO!
While constructing my own bucket list, I thought I would make one for my dog. Below is a list of the top ten 10 things I think most dogs would want on their bucket list.
1.Eat steak—or some other delicious meal. Anything but kibble.
2. Into the woods.A hike in a forest preserve offers more freedom and smells than a walk in the city. If your dog isn’t good off-leash, a 30-foot long lead is your new best friend. Also, don’t forget to bring plenty of treats and water!
3. A room full of stuffed toys.Okay, maybe not an entire room, but a shopping spree at your favorite retail store once in their lives couldn’t hurt. Look how happy it can make them!
4. Water. Take them to a dog beach, allow them in your pool, or purchase an inflatable pool just for them. If it turns out they hate water, don’t force it. Go for a quick walk instead.
5. Take a fun training class. We often take our dogs to obedience but take a class for pure entertainment.
6. Spa day. There are really fantastic canine massage therapists and T-Touch practitioners out there. It helps with muscle pain and can have a calming effect on the dog.
7. Professional photo shoot. This one is more for you, but if you find the right photographer, the experience should be amazing for your pup and you get documented proof of a lovely afternoon together.
8. Share a meal.Pack a picnic or bring your dog to a pet friendly restaurant. Table scraps are always appreciated.
9. Boat ride. Not everyone loves the sea, but if you’re into that sort of thing, take your dog on a pet friendly dinner cruise or insist your friend with the cool catamaran take you on a ride.
10. Low-key vacation. If I were a dog, I would love a week in a cabin surrounded by woods. Find somewhere close and spend a few days relaxing with each other.
Jaime Migdal, CPDT KA, is the founder and CEO of Fetchfind, a talent recruitment and services organization dedicated to the pet industry.