At Figo, we talk a lot about how great Powerups are. “But Kirsti”, I hear you say, “what even IS a Powerup?” Let’s chat!
The best part of having a Figo policy is that you can fully customize it to fit your pet’s individual needs. You’ll never pay for coverage that you won’t use because you don’t have to include anything extra in your plan if you don’t want to. On the other hand, there are options for the pet parent who wants to make sure that they have all the bells and whistles available. If that sounds like you, let’s talk about Powerups!
There are three options available to “power up” your policy:
- Veterinary Exam Fees for Accident and Illness Visits
- Extra Care Pack
- Wellness (Basic/Plus)
It is important to know exactly what you get with each Powerup, so you aren’t surprised down the road.
Veterinary Exam Fees for Accident and Illness Visits
The first Powerup is Veterinary Exam Fees for accident and illness visits. This coverage can come as a big surprise if you didn’t elect to include it in your plan. Your vet charges an exam fee with nearly every visit your pet has. It is the cost to walk in the door before any testing or treatment is done. Depending on vet care costs in your specific location, this fee can range anywhere from $50 to $200. If you are seeing a specialist, the vet exam fee can be as high as $300! Without this Powerup, the vet exam fee portion of your itemized vet bill will NOT be covered.
Extra Care Pack
The next Powerup you may add is called the Extra Care Pack. We consider this our white-glove level coverage. It comes with a lot of perks, including:
- Advertising and reward - It's every pet parent's worst nightmare. If your pet is stolen or strays during your policy term, we’ll pay up to the maximum annual benefit of your policy to help with advertising or reward.
- Final respects benefit - It's the unfortunate reality of parenting these amazing companions. If your pet passes away during the policy period due to illness or injury, Figo will cover up to $250 for cremation or burial expenses to help you out during this stressful time.
- Vacation Cancellation - These days, vacationing is unpredictable enough. With the Extra Care Pack, we will pay up to the annual maximum benefit of your plan for any travel accommodation costs that you cannot recover due to delaying, canceling, or interrupting a vacation because your pet requires life-saving treatment. Pets come first!
- Boarding Fees - Figo also offers coverage for the cost of boarding your pet at a licensed kennel during a period that you are in the hospital. We've got you covered, especially when you're feeling your worst.
- Pet theft due to loss or straying - Another pet parent worst-case scenario, we will pay up to $150 if your pet is stolen or goes missing during the policy period and is not found within 30 days.
- Third-party property damage liability - We adore our pets, but they're not perfect (no one is). We will pay a maximum of $10,000 per policy period if you become legally liable to pay for property damage because of the actions of your pet.
Wellness and Preventative Coverage
The Powerup perks don’t end there! We also offer 2 tiers of Wellness coverage: Basic and Plus. Look at it this way - you get yearly exams and check-ups. So should your pet! Routine exams, vaccines, and other preventative care is just the recipe for happy, healthy pets. In fact, preventative care alone can cost pet parents over $600 annually - yikes. Wellness coverage can help alleviate the cost of these annual check-ups, exams, preventative measures, teeth cleaning, and more. Our wellness coverage is reimbursed in fixed amounts.
Note that this is different from accident and illness coverage, which is processed through your selected customizable deductible and reimbursement amounts. The fixed amounts for our Wellness Powerup include:
- Wellness exam - Basic - $20 / Plus - $40
- Vaccines - Basic - $30 / Plus - $50
- Spay/Neuter or Dental Cleaning - Basic - $40 / Plus - $75
- Testing - Basic - $20 / Plus - $45
- Microchip or Health Certificate - Basic - $15 / Plus - $30
- Deworming - Basic - $10 / Plus - $10
There are a few final things to take note of regarding Powerups
- Powerups can only be removed or added at renewal, so make sure to review your policy and reassess your needs each year
- Need help figuring out which Powerup is best for you? We're here to help. If you want the Wellness Powerup (for example) but your pet is already spayed or neutered, you can use the benefits from the Extra Care Pack Powerup for a dental cleaning instead!
- Unlike your regular plan, there is no waiting period for your Wellness coverage - woohoo!
- Lastly, there is a vaccine limit, but it is for all vaccines combined, not for each vaccine.
If you have any questions left about powerups, don’t hesitate to reach out to our awesome customer service team! You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach them by phone at (844) 738-3446.
Kirsti Randazzo is a Marketing Coordinator at Figo, along with being a licensed insurance professional. In her spare time, she enjoys hiking with her dog, reading, writing, and traveling.
Want to read Figo blog articles curated specifically for you and your pet?
Keeping our dogs happy during the...
Many business leaders ask us: what is...