You and your furry friend have been cooped up all winter. Now that summer’s here, it’s time to enjoy the warm sunny weather!
You might be tempted to bring your dog with you on errands to get them out of the house, but that may not be the best thing for their health. Think twice about taking your pet with on car rides if you have to leave them in the car for any reason. In a matter of minutes, the heat inside the car can reach hazardous levels.
Common questions pet parents have about pets and hot cars:
- Why is leaving your pet in a car a bad idea?
- How hot can the inside of a car get?
- Does cracking a window help the temperature at all?
- What are the signs of heatstroke in a pet?
- How can you help a pet in a parked car?
- Does it have to be warm outside for your car to become too hot for a pet?
Here is some additional information on keeping your pet safe during the summer’s rising heat.
Want to read Figo blog articles curated specifically for you and your pet?