Ice cream is our favorite summer treat over here at Figo HQ. As always, we love figuring out ways to get our pups in on the fun. Multiple office dogs have tested and confirmed that these peanut butter and banana “ice cream” sandwiches are for sure worth going bananas over! With only a few ingredients and a little time, these will easily become a go-to treat in your household. And to be honest, if you add a little honey to the mix, they are great for human consumption as well. Happy summer and happy scarf’ing!
Banana Pet Ice Cream Sandwiches
PB & Banana Ice Cream
¼ cup natural peanut butter, smooth and unsalted
¼ cup Greek yogurt, plain
1. Dice bananas.
2. In a blender, place bananas, peanut butter, and yogurt and blitz until smooth.
3. Put mixture into pan and place in freezer until firm.
Note: Try not to keep in freezer for more than 3 hours at a time, ice cream will become very hard to scoop if too frozen.
PB Sandwich Cookies
1 cup natural peanut butter, smooth and unsalted
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup canned pumpkin
Unsweetened coconut flakes (optional, for decorating only)
PB Cookies & Sandwich
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix peanut butter, egg, vanilla, flour, and pumpkin in bowl together and mix until dough forms.
3. Using an ice cream scoop, put level scoops about 1” apart on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Should make approximately six cookies.
4. Flatten and shape with fork.
5. Bake until golden brown, about 13-15 min.
6. Once cookies have cooled, place a scoop of “ice cream” onto flat side of one cookie.
7. Top with second cookie and delicately push together.
8. Freeze until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Optional: Roll sides of ice cream sandwich in unsweetened coconut flakes and drizzle with a mixture of warmed peanut butter.
As always, we recommend consulting with a veterinarian before serving your pup human food. Also, everything is best in moderation.
Have you ever made one of our Scarf’d recipes? We want to see your photos! Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram.