We are all about the carob this Winter. It’s a great substitute for chocolate chips when baking and safe for your pup. Both you and your bud can enjoy some homemade sweet treats together. And these treats are extremely easy and fun to make into different shapes.
Recipe for Carob Chip Pet Treats:
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 3/4 cup Carob chips…NOT chocolate chips!
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. In a bowl combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. If dough is too dry, you can add tiny splashes of water to help with mixing. Just be careful not to add to much.
2. We used a bone-shaped tray for our treats, but you can also flatten the dough and use a cookie cutter.
3. Place in oven and cook for approximately 15-20 minutes at 350°F.
4. Let cool and serve!
Recipe inspired by downtown-native.com.
Disclaimer: We recommend consulting with a veterinarian before serving your pup human food.
Scarf’d DIY simple pet recipes: easy-to-make and dog approved. Crafted in our office test kitchen with the help (and appetites) of our beloved Figo dogs. So, go ahead and share these tasty treats with your pup.
Want to read Figo blog articles curated specifically for you and your pet?
Mother’s Day is for the moms (fur, human...