While trying to stay busy with all this time at home, most of us have been cooking a lot more (for ourselves and our pets). We’ve been dusting off our old Scarf’d recipes and thought your pup might enjoy these easy-to-make PB & Honey Chicken Jerky treats. Bonus: You only need three ingredients on hand to make—hopefully you already have but if not, are easy to snag on your next grocery run (unlike the toilet paper situation).
Oh, and, they are great to use when playing these brain games with your pup. Happy scarf’ing!
Recipe for PB & Honey Chicken Jerky
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup smooth organic peanut butter (unsalted)
- 2 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees F.
2. Remove any excess fats from chicken and pat dry.
3. Place chicken in freezer for about 1 hour. Frozen chicken is easier to thinly slice.
4. Remove chicken from freezer and thinly slice into strips.
5. Mix together peanut butter and honey, this will be the marinade for the jerky. Stir and thin with warm water, if needed, to create a smooth paste.
6. Cover a sheet tray with parchment paper and arrange thin chicken slices coated in peanut butter and honey marinate into a single layer.
7. Place in oven, cooks for 2-3 hrs, until dry and a bit chewy.
8. Once cool, cut with scissors into smaller bits if desired. Homemade jerky is good for up to 30 days.
Have you ever made one of our Scarf’d recipes? We want to see your photos! Don’t forget to tag us @figopet on Facebook and Instagram.
Disclaimer: We recommend consulting with a veterinarian before serving your pup human food.
Scarf’d DIY simple pet recipes: easy-to-make and dog approved. Crafted in our office test kitchen with the help (and appetites) of our beloved Figo dogs. So, go ahead and share these tasty treats with your pup.
Want to read Figo blog articles curated specifically for you and your pet?
By the pricking of our...
Halloween is a perfect holiday for the...