Scarf’d: PB & Honey Chicken Jerky
Easy-to-make, three-ingredient peanut butter and honey chicken jerky treats for dogs.
Whether you're trying to keep your pup entertained during a party or just looking for ways to entertain yourself, we recommend giving these easy-to-make PB & Honey Chicken Jerky treats a try. Bonus: You only need three ingredients on hand to cook these up — hopefully, you already have them but if not, they're easy to snag on your next grocery run.
Oh, and, they are great to use when playing these brain games with your pup. Happy Scarf’ing!
Recipe for PB & Honey Chicken Jerky
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup smooth organic peanut butter (unsalted)
2 tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees F.
2. Remove any excess fat from chicken and pat dry.
3. Place chicken in freezer for about 1 hour. Frozen chicken is easier to thinly slice.
4. Remove chicken from freezer and thinly slice into strips.
5. Mix together peanut butter and honey. This will be the marinade for the jerky. Stir and thin with warm water, if needed, to create a smooth paste.
6. Cover a sheet tray with parchment paper and arrange thin chicken slices coated in peanut butter and honey marinate into a single layer.
7. Place in oven, cooks for 2-3 hrs, until dry and a bit chewy.
8. Once cool, cut with scissors into smaller bits if desired. Homemade jerky is good for up to 30 days.
Have you ever made one of our Scarf’d recipes? We want to see your photos! Don’t forget to tag us @figopet on Facebook and Instagram.
Disclaimer: We recommend consulting with a veterinarian before serving your pup human food.