Scarf'd: Peanut Butter Macaron dog treats
Returning from a trip from France and bummed you couldn’t bring your pup some delicious Macarons? Here is our take on a dog-friendly macaron. They may not be as good as Ladurée, but even French dogs would love these!
Recipe for Peanut Butter Dog Treat Macarons:
1¼ cup whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup creamy peanut butter (organic, unsalted)
1 large egg
2 Tbsp honey
½ cup milk
Additional peanut butter for sandwiching
Extra honey for drizzling
We drizzled with honey and piped a mixture of Greek yogurt/with a tiny bit of peanut butter, organic food coloring, and naturally topped with dog-friendly sprinkles.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, add: flour, baking powder, peanut butter, egg, honey, and milk. Mix together until ingredients are well combined and a soft dough forms.
3. Put a light dusting of flour over the surface where you will be rolling out the dough. Pat the dough on surface until it is about 1/2” thick.
4. Using a small cookie cutter (or a water bottle cap, which we used) to cut out circles of dough.
5. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, bake for 10-15 minutes.
6. Allow cookies to cool.
7. Create sandwiches: use two cookies and add the peanut butter in between.
8. Drizzle with honey, top with sprinkles and enjoy!
Disclaimer: We recommend consulting with a veterinarian before serving your pup human food.
Scarf’d DIY simple pet recipes: easy-to-make and dog approved. Crafted in our office test kitchen with the help (and appetites) of our beloved Figo dogs. So, go ahead and share these tasty treats with your pup.