We love receiving treats on Halloween—and know our dogs would enjoy special treats too! In this episode of Scarf'd, we’re making Apple Cinnamon Dog Donuts.
Recipe for Apple Cinnamon Dog Donuts:
- + 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 medium apple (washed, peeled, and grated)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 2 heaping tsp of coconut oil
Be creative! We did a mix of plain greek yogurt mixed with organic, unsalted peanut butter to create and icing for some, and also ordered pup-approved icing and sprinkles.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Mix flours and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. In a smaller bowl: beat egg, then add water, grated apple and coconut oil. Mix together.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together well.
5. Knead dough with hands for 3-5 minutes, until thoroughly combined.
6. Using mini donut pans, fill 3/4 of the way with dough.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
8. Let cool and decorate!
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Disclaimer: We recommend consulting with a veterinarian before serving your pup human food.
Scarf’d DIY simple pet recipes: easy-to-make and dog approved. Crafted in our office test kitchen with the help (and appetites) of our beloved Figo dogs. So, go ahead and share these tasty treats with your pup.
Want to read Figo blog articles curated specifically for you and your pet?
Mother’s Day is for the moms (fur, human...