We love receiving treats on Halloween—and know our dogs would enjoy special treats too! In this episode of Scarf'd, we’re making Apple Cinnamon Dog Donuts.
Recipe for Apple Cinnamon Dog Donuts:
- + 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 medium apple (washed, peeled, and grated)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 2 heaping tsp of coconut oil
Be creative! We did a mix of plain greek yogurt mixed with organic, unsalted peanut butter to create and icing for some, and also ordered pup-approved icing and sprinkles.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Mix flours and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. In a smaller bowl: beat egg, then add water, grated apple and coconut oil. Mix together.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together well.
5. Knead dough with hands for 3-5 minutes, until thoroughly combined.
6. Using mini donut pans, fill 3/4 of the way with dough.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
8. Let cool and decorate!
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
With Figo Pet Insurance, you can enjoy the peace of mind that you can afford the best possible medical care for your pet. We offer three customizable plans that cover illness and injuries to dogs and cats, with access to licensed veterinarians, emergency hospitals, and specialists anywhere in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Get a quote today, and protect your pet tomorrow.
Want to read Figo blog articles curated specifically for you and your pet?
While we believe in sharing the love with...