Scarf'd: Spooky DIY Halloween Pet Treats
Halloween is a fun time for children and adults—but why not include your pet in the fun? In this episode of Scarf'd, we’ll help show you how to make Halloween treats for your dog.
We love receiving treats on Halloween—and know our dogs enjoy some festive snacks too! In this episode of Scarf'd, we’re making Apple Cinnamon Dog Donuts. Scarf’d DIY simple pet recipes are easy-to-make and dog-approved. Crafted in our office test kitchen with the help (and appetites) of our beloved Figo dogs. So, go ahead and share these tasty treats with your pup.
Recipe for Apple Cinnamon Dog Donuts:
+ 3 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups oat flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 medium apple (washed, peeled, and grated)
1 cup water
2 heaping tsp of coconut oil
Be creative! We did a mix of plain greek yogurt mixed with organic, unsalted peanut butter to create icing for some, and also ordered pup-approved icing and sprinkles.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix flours and cinnamon in a large bowl
3. In a smaller bowl: beat egg, then add water, grated apple, and coconut oil. Mix together.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together well.
5. Knead dough with hands for 3-5 minutes, until thoroughly combined.
6. Using mini donut pans, fill 3/4 of the way with dough.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
8. Let cool and decorate!
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Disclaimer: We recommend consulting with a veterinarian before serving your pup human food.
Lizz Caputo is a Content Strategist at Figo, animal enthusiast, and owner of a rescued senior American Bully. Her hobbies include checking out new restaurants in her area, boxing, and petting dogs of all shapes and sizes.