Parenting isn't always the easiest job, even with one child. Now imagine 4-10 of them at a time. The struggle is real and nobody understands it better than these dogs.
Canines give their thoughts on what it's like to be parent for a herd of pups.
1. "Don't be fooled by the cuteness and the fluff, that's how they get whatever they want!"
2. "When they sleep, you sleep."
3. "It's good that they're cute because I can't tell where the bags under my eyes end and the wrinkles begin anymore."
4. "Fooling them into eating healthy might be my greatest accomplishment."
5. "Potty training in bulk is a struggle."
6. "Mom! Mom! Mom! That's all I hear all day. I don't even remember what my name is anymore."
7. "I'll just rest my eyes now that they are FINALLY asleep…"
8. "Please send help. They never leave me alone!"
9. "Don't expect a date night any time soon. Budgeting for a dozen isn't easy."
10. "Sometimes you have to put them in time out just to get a few minutes of peace and quiet."
11. "I think I need more sleep, they're starting to look like a bowl of cookies and cream ice cream."
12. "Family outings just turn into herding the kids wherever you want them to go."
13. "Whatever you do, don't wake them under any circumstances, even if they fall asleep on you!"
Mark Carrott Odden is a project manager and freelance designer/photographer with an overt obsession with dogs—particularly Great Danes and Newfoundlands. His childhood dog, a rescued border collie mix, shared the same tinge-of-the-ginger hair color as his family, so it was meant to be. His affinity for puns and stringent grammarista tendencies help bring levity to the internet because there is always time to watch one more cat video.
Want to read Figo blog articles curated specifically for you and your pet?