While we believe in sharing the love with those we care about year-round, it’s still fun to have a special day to celebrate.
Save yourself the hassle of going out this Valentine’s Day and make these Chicken Meatballs to share with the most loyal Valentine in your life. Let’s be honest, that pup has been through it all with you—the good, the bad, the ugly—yet, still by your side with a shoulder to lean on.
We served our Chicken Meatballs as is, but make it a full meal with spaghetti squash noodles, à la Lady and the Tramp.
Recipe For Dog Friendly Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ¾ cup cooked brown rice
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh carrots, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
1. In a bowl combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
2. Form mixture into small sized meatballs and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Bake at 375°F for about 15-20 minutes, until thoroughly cooked.
4. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Optional: Make a full meal by adding the meatballs to a bed of spaghetti squash noodles if you’d like.
Original recipe by Tastemade.com.
Disclaimer: We recommend consulting with a veterinarian before serving your pup human food.
Scarf’d DIY simple pet recipes: easy-to-make and dog approved. Crafted in our office test kitchen with the help (and appetites) of our beloved Figo dogs. So, go ahead and share these tasty treats with your pup.
Want to read Figo blog articles curated specifically for you and your pet?