This simple-to-make treat is everything we want in a snack: a little salty, a little sweet, nice pop of peanut butter, and great crunch. We guarantee your pup will love them—and don’t be ashamed if you do too!
A friendly reminder: Carob is NOT chocolate. Don’t even think about giving your pup chocolate. Carob chips are similar in look and texture of chocolate chips, but they do not contain caffeine or theobromine—the chemical that makes chocolate deadly for dogs.
We’re just as excited to make this recipe for our pup’s next birthday party as we are for movie night. Really, we’ll find any occasion to make these popcorn treats.
Recipe: Crunchy Munchy Popcorn Treats
- 4 cups popcorn, unsalted
- 10 oz carob chips (this is not chocolate, no chocolate to be found here. Don’t even think about subbing in chocolate chips, unless only a human will be eating this recipe)
- 1 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 cup peanut butter, unsalted and organic
1. In a large bowl, pour in popcorn and top with carob chips, bacon, and peanut butter.
2. Slowly stir mixture together until popcorn is evenly coated.
3. Measure about 1 cup full size scoops into serving plates, and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes to an hour.
4. Time to get the party started, enjoy and share!
Disclaimer: We recommend consulting with a veterinarian before serving your pup human food.
Scarf’d DIY simple pet recipes: easy-to-make and dog approved. Crafted in our office test kitchen with the help (and appetites) of our beloved Figo dogs. So, go ahead and share these tasty treats with your pup.
Want to read Figo blog articles curated specifically for you and your pet?
Whether from home or an office, many...
Americans spend $16 billion annually on...