We did a trial run and our office dog approved.
Now you can have your pie and (your pup) can eat it too!
Recipe for Mini Pup-kin Pies:
- 3 tbsp organic, creamy (unsalted) peanut butter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (plain pumpkin only, no pumpkin pie filling)
We piped on dollops of dog-friendly “whipped cream,” created by mixing plain Greek yogurt with organic, creamy (unsalted) peanut butter.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine peanut butter, flour, water and egg in a bowl. Mix well.
3. Divide mixture (crust) evenly to cover bottom of your mini muffin cups. (We used silicone, paw-shaped pans.) Be sure to create a crust edge for your mini pies by going up the edge of the mold.
4. Take pumpkin puree and spoon equal sized dollops onto each crust.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes or until the puree begins to turn a golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Decorate with our dog-friendly “whipped cream.”
Bonus Tip. For pups allergic to grain, substitute the recipe below for the crust and still use the pumpkin puree as your filling.
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 coconut flour
- 1 cup sweet potato (cooked/mashed, about 1 large)
- 1/4 cup water (can add additional if need be)
Mix the above ingredients together, and use as your crust / top with pumpkin puree as stated in original recipe and decorate.
Disclaimer: We recommend consulting with a veterinarian before serving your pup human food.
For more fall Scarf'd DIY pet treats, check out this Apple Cinnamon Dog Donuts recipe.
Scarf’d DIY simple pet recipes: easy-to-make and dog approved. Crafted in our office test kitchen with the help (and appetites) of our beloved Figo dogs. So, go ahead and share these tasty treats with your pup.
Want to read Figo blog articles curated specifically for you and your pet?
By the pricking of our...
Halloween is a perfect holiday for the...